Technology decisions can be life impacting!
With the extreme snow storms that have hit the east coast in the last few weeks we have seen how winter weather can be deadly. That is why we should always take a few minutes to put together an emergency kit. In addition to Blanket. Booster cables. Bottled water and nonperishable high-energy foods, one of the most important items that should be part of your kit is a cell phone booster.
Why you may ask? Well, being able to clearly get to and communicate with loved ones and emergency (fire, ambulance, police) services may save your life. We all take for granted our cell coverage. It is table stakes to have great cell reception in the city. However the true challenge comes when you are stuck in either a rural area or mountainous terrain and have to get a hold of someone to come rescue you.
Having looked at and investigated many vendors, I came across a device which seems to put its money where its packets are flowing. The weBoost® Drive 4G-M is a cell phone Booster that works with multiple carriers in both the US and Canada. It supports 2G, 3G and 4G networks. Once you have purchased the device you are set. No additional subscription or monthly carrier charges are needed.
How does weBoost® Drive 4G-M work? Well the concept is very simple. The outside magnetic antenna captures the signal from the cell tower. The inside weBoost antenna receives the signal, amplifies it, up to 32x and serves as a relay between your phone and the nearest cell tower. One thing you should note is this device is not a mini cell tower (ie it can not create a signal, where none exists). What it does is listen for and amplify an existing cell tower signal.
The DIY Installation of the weBoost® Drive 4G-M is of the easy:
- Place the magnetic mount on the exterior of your vehicle (at least 1 foot away from windows and other antennas)
- Run the cable to the inside of your vehicles near to where the device will be placed
- Place the weBoost® Drive 4G-Min a stable location inside your vehicle.
- Install the inside antenna in a place where you will get the strongest signal (ie interior roof, dashboard, seat, under the seat lining). Most likely you will want to test this out prior to determining what is the optimal location
- Run the cable from the antenna to the weBoost® Drive 4G-M
- Connect the inside and outside antenna cables to the booster.
- Conceal any cables and booster under the seat.
- Connect the weBoost® Drive 4G-M to the power supply
You are now ready to use the device. Although the weBoost® Drive 4G-M works on every network. Before you use it, you must register it with your wireless provider and have your provider’s consent.
I love always how technology has come to the rescue . Technology choices have become truly life changing.
- Dimensions: 6.12 inches x 3.87 inches x 7.87 inches
- Weight: 2.35 pounds
- Signal improvement: Up to 32x
- Support: Multiple Devices
- Power: 5 V 2.5 A
- Network Support: GSM, CDMA, LTE, HSPA+, FDMA, TDMA, OFDMA, and other variants (contact your carrier to confirm support)
- Dedicated tower antenna
- Dedicated device antenna
- Number of users: Unlimited
- Boosts voice & data signals for all U.S. & Canadian cell carriers
- Extends Cell signal
- Works with all smartphones & mobile hot-spots
- Band 17/12 – 700 MHZ
- Band 13 – 700 MHZ
- Band 5 – 850 MHZ
- Band 4 – 170 0 MHZ
- Band 25/2 – 1900 MHZ
- For more information or to acquire the: weBoost® Drive 4G-MAbout weBoost®, LLCweBoost®, and its parent company, Wilson Electronics, LLC, are leaders in the wireless communications industry, and have designed and manufactured cellular signal boosters, antennas and related components for more than 20 years