Blog

#tbt

July 10, 2014 — by WEBOOST

SHARE ARTICLE

Happy Thursday! Want to win a free cell phone signal booster? Easy–just tell us what this is! #tbt

SHARE ARTICLE

TAGS:

For buildings greater than 7500 sq ft, we recommend our WilsonPro brand of products.
signal bars
Improve your signal up to 32x
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT

    Comments (122)

    Tim Jones on July 10, 2014 at 3:28 pm said:

    Sextant!!

    Don on July 10, 2014 at 3:28 pm said:

    That is sexton once used by and maybe still by some Mariners

    Don on July 10, 2014 at 3:28 pm said:

    That is sexton once used by and maybe still by some Mariners

    Gabriel Gonzalez on July 10, 2014 at 3:28 pm said:

    Sextant

    Gabriel Gonzalez on July 10, 2014 at 3:28 pm said:

    Sextant

    KARL R REED SR on July 10, 2014 at 3:38 pm said:

    it is a sexton

    KARL R REED SR on July 10, 2014 at 3:38 pm said:

    it is a sexton

    Lloyd Carroll on July 10, 2014 at 3:38 pm said:

    Appears to be a sextant.

    Lloyd Carroll on July 10, 2014 at 3:38 pm said:

    Appears to be a sextant.

    Mark on July 10, 2014 at 3:38 pm said:

    It is a sextant. It is used to find your location while on the ocean. Sylevester Stallone used one that he made in the movie Escape Plan to find out the GPS coordinates for their escape.

    Mark on July 10, 2014 at 3:38 pm said:

    It is a sextant. It is used to find your location while on the ocean. Sylevester Stallone used one that he made in the movie Escape Plan to find out the GPS coordinates for their escape.

    Jeff Bandman on July 10, 2014 at 3:39 pm said:

    It is a sextant.

    Jeff Bandman on July 10, 2014 at 3:39 pm said:

    It is a sextant.

    Brian Godwin on July 10, 2014 at 3:41 pm said:

    Its a sextant

    Brian Godwin on July 10, 2014 at 3:41 pm said:

    Its a sextant

    Reg Bergmann on July 10, 2014 at 3:59 pm said:

    A Sextant

    Reg Bergmann on July 10, 2014 at 3:59 pm said:

    A Sextant

    Nicole Catojo on July 10, 2014 at 3:59 pm said:

    Cool gadget thanks

    Nicole Catojo on July 10, 2014 at 3:59 pm said:

    Cool gadget thanks

    Dianne Holland on July 10, 2014 at 4:00 pm said:

    sextant

    Dianne Holland on July 10, 2014 at 4:00 pm said:

    sextant

    Janet Rhodes on July 10, 2014 at 4:12 pm said:

    A saxton used to navigate

    Janet Rhodes on July 10, 2014 at 4:12 pm said:

    A saxton used to navigate

    robert holdford on July 10, 2014 at 4:12 pm said:

    sextant

    robert holdford on July 10, 2014 at 4:12 pm said:

    sextant

    Louise Kruithof on July 10, 2014 at 4:44 pm said:

    it is a sextant

    Louise Kruithof on July 10, 2014 at 4:44 pm said:

    it is a sextant

    Michael J. Bisbano on July 10, 2014 at 4:54 pm said:

    It is a sexton, used for centuries for sighting the stars in navigation.

    Michael J. Bisbano on July 10, 2014 at 4:54 pm said:

    It is a sexton, used for centuries for sighting the stars in navigation.

    Sandy Fretwell on July 10, 2014 at 4:58 pm said:

    It’s a sextant used for navigation before GPS and other electronic navigational aides.

    Sandy Fretwell on July 10, 2014 at 4:58 pm said:

    It’s a sextant used for navigation before GPS and other electronic navigational aides.

    Bill Sutton on July 10, 2014 at 5:10 pm said:

    This is a Sexton used by ships to find location.

    Bill Sutton on July 10, 2014 at 5:10 pm said:

    This is a Sexton used by ships to find location.

    steven schenk on July 10, 2014 at 5:13 pm said:

    it’s a sextant, a navigational device to find latitude! 😎

    steven schenk on July 10, 2014 at 5:13 pm said:

    it’s a sextant, a navigational device to find latitude! 😎

    Rodney Cross on July 10, 2014 at 5:23 pm said:

    Sextant

    Rodney Cross on July 10, 2014 at 5:23 pm said:

    Sextant

    Gordon Fultz on July 10, 2014 at 5:40 pm said:

    Sextant used by sailors for navigation

    Gordon Fultz on July 10, 2014 at 5:40 pm said:

    Sextant used by sailors for navigation

    Calvin on July 10, 2014 at 5:46 pm said:

    Its a sectent

    Calvin on July 10, 2014 at 5:46 pm said:

    Its a sectent

    Marty Rakovan on July 10, 2014 at 5:47 pm said:

    It is a sextant.

    Marty Rakovan on July 10, 2014 at 5:47 pm said:

    It is a sextant.

    Manuel Alberto Delgado on July 10, 2014 at 5:48 pm said:

    Measuring and cutting device

    Manuel Alberto Delgado on July 10, 2014 at 5:48 pm said:

    Measuring and cutting device

    Ron on July 10, 2014 at 6:22 pm said:

    It is a sextant.

    Ron on July 10, 2014 at 6:22 pm said:

    It is a sextant.

    Patr on July 10, 2014 at 6:30 pm said:

    Sextant

    Patr on July 10, 2014 at 6:30 pm said:

    Sextant

    Richard Knox on July 10, 2014 at 6:37 pm said:

    theodolite

    Richard Knox on July 10, 2014 at 6:37 pm said:

    theodolite

    Rich on July 10, 2014 at 6:52 pm said:

    sextant

    Rich on July 10, 2014 at 6:52 pm said:

    sextant

    mary younger on July 10, 2014 at 7:01 pm said:

    Quadrant to navigate

    mary younger on July 10, 2014 at 7:01 pm said:

    Quadrant to navigate

    Rodney Struhs on July 10, 2014 at 7:59 pm said:

    This is a mariner’s sextant

    Rodney Struhs on July 10, 2014 at 7:59 pm said:

    This is a mariner’s sextant

    Eric Klassen on July 10, 2014 at 8:15 pm said:

    Looks like a sextant or an old surveyors transit

    Eric Klassen on July 10, 2014 at 8:15 pm said:

    Looks like a sextant or an old surveyors transit

    tad on July 10, 2014 at 10:01 pm said:

    this is a sextant. used for navigation

    tad on July 10, 2014 at 10:01 pm said:

    this is a sextant. used for navigation

    Ross on July 10, 2014 at 10:24 pm said:

    Sextant

    Ross on July 10, 2014 at 10:24 pm said:

    Sextant

    michael decker on July 10, 2014 at 11:02 pm said:

    It is a sextant. It’s used for navigation at sea

    michael decker on July 10, 2014 at 11:02 pm said:

    It is a sextant. It’s used for navigation at sea

    Scot Burden on July 10, 2014 at 11:04 pm said:

    It is a sextant, often used by ships for navigation.

    Scot Burden on July 10, 2014 at 11:04 pm said:

    It is a sextant, often used by ships for navigation.

    brian on July 10, 2014 at 11:14 pm said:

    A compass

    brian on July 10, 2014 at 11:14 pm said:

    A compass

    Scot Burden on July 10, 2014 at 11:19 pm said:

    More detail on sextant from Wikipedia…

    A sextant is an instrument used to measure the angle between any two visible objects. Its primary use is to determine the angle between a celestial object and the horizon which is known as the object’s altitude. Using this measurement is known as sighting the object, shooting the object, or taking a sight and it is an essential part of celestial navigation. The angle, and the time when it was measured, can be used to calculate a position line on a nautical or aeronautical chart. Common uses of the sextant include sighting the sun at solar noon and sighting Polaris at night (in the Northern Hemisphere), to find one’s latitude. Sighting the height of a landmark can give a measure of distance off and, held horizontally, a sextant can measure angles between objects for a position on a chart.[1] A sextant can also be used to measure the lunar distance between the moon and another celestial object (e.g., star, planet) in order to determine Greenwich time which is important because it can then be used to determine the longitude.

    Scot Burden on July 10, 2014 at 11:19 pm said:

    More detail on sextant from Wikipedia…

    A sextant is an instrument used to measure the angle between any two visible objects. Its primary use is to determine the angle between a celestial object and the horizon which is known as the object’s altitude. Using this measurement is known as sighting the object, shooting the object, or taking a sight and it is an essential part of celestial navigation. The angle, and the time when it was measured, can be used to calculate a position line on a nautical or aeronautical chart. Common uses of the sextant include sighting the sun at solar noon and sighting Polaris at night (in the Northern Hemisphere), to find one’s latitude. Sighting the height of a landmark can give a measure of distance off and, held horizontally, a sextant can measure angles between objects for a position on a chart.[1] A sextant can also be used to measure the lunar distance between the moon and another celestial object (e.g., star, planet) in order to determine Greenwich time which is important because it can then be used to determine the longitude.

    Mike Philbin on July 10, 2014 at 11:38 pm said:

    This is use in naval navigation. It is called a sextant.

    Roy Doty on July 10, 2014 at 11:38 pm said:

    You have a sextant in your picture.

    Roy Doty on July 10, 2014 at 11:38 pm said:

    You have a sextant in your picture.

    Sheron Mortensen on July 11, 2014 at 12:11 am said:

    Its a sextant for boats to find their way in the water or on land to find where you are and where your going

    Sheron Mortensen on July 11, 2014 at 12:11 am said:

    Its a sextant for boats to find their way in the water or on land to find where you are and where your going

    ricky spotts on July 11, 2014 at 12:14 am said:

    a sextant for boats to find their way in the water

    ricky spotts on July 11, 2014 at 12:14 am said:

    a sextant for boats to find their way in the water

    Eugene Alvis on July 11, 2014 at 12:25 am said:

    A transit used by architects

    Eugene Alvis on July 11, 2014 at 12:25 am said:

    A transit used by architects

    Lawless John on July 11, 2014 at 12:43 am said:

    It’s a sextant that navigators used on the high seas. Interesting enough most ships navigators spent most of there time below decks laying down with a cold wet rag over there eyes. There was no protection for there eyes looking through there sextants at the and they would burn there retinas in their eyes.

    Lawless John on July 11, 2014 at 12:43 am said:

    It’s a sextant that navigators used on the high seas. Interesting enough most ships navigators spent most of there time below decks laying down with a cold wet rag over there eyes. There was no protection for there eyes looking through there sextants at the and they would burn there retinas in their eyes.

    James Buck on July 11, 2014 at 1:16 am said:

    sextant

    James Buck on July 11, 2014 at 1:16 am said:

    sextant

    Billy Ballis on July 11, 2014 at 1:28 am said:

    It is a sextant, used for navigation.

    Billy Ballis on July 11, 2014 at 1:28 am said:

    It is a sextant, used for navigation.

    Scott Willburn on July 11, 2014 at 1:46 am said:

    Brass sextant.

    Scott Willburn on July 11, 2014 at 1:46 am said:

    Brass sextant.

    rich pater on July 11, 2014 at 2:35 am said:

    sextant used back in the day by ship to aid in navigation

    rich pater on July 11, 2014 at 2:35 am said:

    sextant used back in the day by ship to aid in navigation

    sextant for celestial navigation on July 11, 2014 at 2:44 am said:

    Sextant for celestial navigation.

    sextant for celestial navigation on July 11, 2014 at 2:44 am said:

    Sextant for celestial navigation.

    Daryl conley on July 11, 2014 at 2:51 am said:

    It’s a device used by sailors to navigate and chart the stars

    Daryl conley on July 11, 2014 at 2:51 am said:

    It’s a device used by sailors to navigate and chart the stars

    Daryl conley on July 11, 2014 at 2:52 am said:

    It’s a device used by sailors to navigate and chart the stars.

    Daryl conley on July 11, 2014 at 2:52 am said:

    It’s a device used by sailors to navigate and chart the stars.

    sharon on July 11, 2014 at 3:00 am said:

    Its a Stanley London Brand antique nautical sexton ….used by ocean-going navigators

    sharon on July 11, 2014 at 3:00 am said:

    Its a Stanley London Brand antique nautical sexton ….used by ocean-going navigators

    nay on July 11, 2014 at 3:02 am said:

    Its a sextant in mint condition

    nay on July 11, 2014 at 3:02 am said:

    Its a sextant in mint condition

    Dennis Duck on July 11, 2014 at 3:06 am said:

    Sextant

    Dennis Duck on July 11, 2014 at 3:06 am said:

    Sextant

    Nick Babiera on July 11, 2014 at 3:26 am said:

    This is an instrument for navigating at sea called a “Sextant”

    Nick Babiera on July 11, 2014 at 3:26 am said:

    This is an instrument for navigating at sea called a “Sextant”

    Dempsey Vick on July 11, 2014 at 3:33 am said:

    A sextant

    Dempsey Vick on July 11, 2014 at 3:33 am said:

    A sextant

    Jonah Aglak on July 11, 2014 at 4:00 am said:

    astrolabe

    Jonah Aglak on July 11, 2014 at 4:00 am said:

    astrolabe

    Ike Klassen on July 11, 2014 at 4:25 am said:

    Sextant.

    Ike Klassen on July 11, 2014 at 4:25 am said:

    Sextant.

    terrell on July 11, 2014 at 11:28 am said:

    It’s a sextant. Used for navigation or measuring.

    terrell on July 11, 2014 at 11:28 am said:

    It’s a sextant. Used for navigation or measuring.

    Chris on July 11, 2014 at 2:12 pm said:

    It’s a reproduction of a 4-Inch British Lifeboat Sextant made by Stanley London located in Anaheim California.

    Chris on July 11, 2014 at 2:12 pm said:

    It’s a reproduction of a 4-Inch British Lifeboat Sextant made by Stanley London located in Anaheim California.

    Rob Foster on July 11, 2014 at 2:46 pm said:

    It is an old survey transit. Used to locate property lines and site building elevations.

    Rob Foster on July 11, 2014 at 2:46 pm said:

    It is an old survey transit. Used to locate property lines and site building elevations.

    steve palmer on July 11, 2014 at 2:51 pm said:

    IT IS CALLED A SEXTANT FOR NAUTICAL FOR BOATS IT IS A TELESCOPE

    steve palmer on July 11, 2014 at 2:51 pm said:

    IT IS CALLED A SEXTANT FOR NAUTICAL FOR BOATS IT IS A TELESCOPE

    Sheila Barfield on July 11, 2014 at 2:53 pm said:

    Sextant do you have to have internet or wifi????

    Sheila Barfield on July 11, 2014 at 2:53 pm said:

    Sextant do you have to have internet or wifi????

    Kevin Anderson on July 11, 2014 at 3:28 pm said:

    Easy one, it is a sextant. When we get that EM burst it is the only GPS that will work!

    scott on July 11, 2014 at 3:46 pm said:

    This is an early form of GPS . A Sextant .