weBoost for Business or WilsonPro: Which is Best for You?
Posted on 1/30/2024 by Meredith Pond
If your business building has trouble maintaining a strong and reliable cellular signal for employees and visitors, chances are Wilson Electronics has a permanent solution for you. If you’re familiar with us, you know we manufacture two different brands of wireless signal amplification systems: weBoost and WilsonPro. But which one is the best fit for you?
Here’s the short answer:
- weBoost for Business products are turnkey, kitted solutions for small and medium-sized businesses
- WilsonPro systems are more comprehensive and scalable, individually designed for the unique needs of large commercial or enterprise organizations
If you’re still unsure which one is best for you, we’ll give you the details here.
Choosing weBoost for Business or WilsonPro
The choice between weBoost for Business or WilsonPro products depends on the requirements of your business or commercial application. Generally speaking, weBoost for business is designed for small to medium-sized office spaces or buildings whose cellular coverage is weak or spotty. On the other end of the spectrum, WilsonPro solutions are designed to enhance wireless connectivity at the enterprise level, serving large or multiple buildings, which may have a variety of location-specific factors impacting their cellular signal.
Here are some factors to consider for each product line.
The Size of Your Organization
weBoost for Business – Smaller Coverage Area
weBoost for Business products are well-suited for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and applications where you need to improve cell signal coverage in an area that isn’t extremely large. These might include:
- Professional offices
- Smaller warehouses or manufacturing
- Specialized retail stores or eateries
- Healthcare clinics or private practices
- Targeted areas within a school
WilsonPro – Large Commercial / Enterprise
WilsonPro products are intended for large commercial applications that require a more scalable connectivity solution, including:
- Large office commercial office buildings
- Expansive warehouses
- Major retail stores
- University campuses
- Sports and event arenas
Turnkey or Tailored?
weBoost for Business – Turnkey Solutions
weBoost for Business offers turnkey solutions that come in a kit. They are designed to meet the general cellular connectivity needs of individual users and guests, such as calls, texting, internet, and mobile checkout. Everything you need for installation is included in the kit, which is engineered to solve cell signal issues for small to medium businesses. There are three products to choose from based on your needs:
- weBoost Office 200 Pro Installed: Our best-in-class kit includes professional installation with a site survey, testing, and optimal setup from an expert. This kit covers up to 15,000 square feet and includes an additional inside antenna for more coverage than the self-installed version. *
- weBoost Office 200: This is the self-installed version of the above. The power of the booster unit is the same as the Pro Installed version, but you install this kit yourself. One inside antenna is included, so indoor coverage is better suited for open spaces of up to 10,000 square feet. *
- weBoost Office 100: This is the most affordable booster kit for businesses and covers up to 8,000 square feet. *
WilsonPro – Tailored to Each Customer
WilsonPro systems are tailored to meet the specific requirements of your location and building. Your scalable solution will be engineered based on a thorough needs assessment and design process, and then installed by a certified partner. Components and configurations are carefully selected for building size, infrastructure, layout, and frequency requirements (more on that later). This ensures the best possible performance and compliance with regulations. No two WilsonPro systems are alike, but there are three basic solution types:
- WilsonPro Repeater System: Receives, amplifies, and redistributes existing, off-air cellular signal for the purpose of bringing reliable connectivity to indoor locations. An exterior (usually roof-mounted) antenna captures the radio signal, which is then amplified by a repeater, also known as a bi-directional antenna (BDA), and distributed via coax cable to indoor antennas for signal distribution.
- WilsonPro Hybrid DAS (distributed antenna system): Combines the ease of using off-the-air signal with the reliability and scale of a fiber DAS. System structure is similar to that of a WilsonPro Repeater system, except that the signal is fed into a primary hub, which distributes an optical signal via fiber optic cable to secondary hubs and remote radio units for distribution. Existing fiber can be used, simplifying installation.
- Zinwave Active DAS: Receives cellular signal from a carrier’s base transceiver station or other fixed source and redistributes to indoor locations or public venues. All signal sources are aggregated to a single point-of-interface that connects to a primary hub. The hub then transports an optical signal via fiber to secondary hubs and remote radio units which make the signal available throughout the coverage area.
weBoost for Business – For a Smaller Business Budget
weBoost for Business solutions are made to fit into the budget constraints of small to medium-sized businesses, ranging from $1,300 to $3,800. Your solution can be ordered straight from weBoost.com and provides a permanent solution to your cell signal issues. Your booster is designed to work for many years without the need to upgrade, scale, or pay for maintenance. There is no subscription necessary, just a one-time investment.
WilsonPro – An Infrastructure Investment
WilsonPro products are intended for enterprise-level organizations willing to invest in robust, future-ready connectivity. Pricing is based on the design and the equipment necessary to achieve the desired performance. Larger projects begin with a site survey to ensure those performance targets are feasible. Our network of resellers, installation partners, and distributions ensures the highest level of customer satisfaction.
weBoost for Business – Strong, Reliable Cell Signal
A lot of small and medium businesses are housed in buildings with poor connectivity due to construction materials, surrounding structures, or surrounding terrain. Many others are in rural areas, which may be very far from cell towers. weBoost for Business helps your business overcome the physical barriers and distances that keep you, your employees, and your customers from strong and reliable cellular signal. It’s as simple as that. weBoost products are carrier agnostic, meaning they will work with all carriers in the U.S.
WilsonPro – Enterprise-Level Connectivity Needs
WilsonPro products are better suited for applications where there is a critical need for consistent and reliable signal coverage for a wider variety of frequencies. The enterprises served by WilsonPro may also have their wireless signal hampered by building materials, terrain, or distance from towers. Depending on the system, they can enhance coverage of cellular, 2-way radio, C-band, FirstNet, and other signals over a very large coverage area. WilsonPro systems are also carrier agnostic and work with all U.S. carriers.
To recap, weBoost for Business products provide a cost-effective, kitted solution for unreliable or spotty cell signal coverage in small to medium-sized businesses. You can choose from three different kits that will fit most needs. By contrast, WilsonPro systems are designed for your specific building and needs. They are intended for larger and more complex commercial applications. They require a tailored system design process, professional installation, and can deliver on a broader range of frequencies.
Your choice between weBoost for Business and WilsonPro should be based on the size and requirements of your business or commercial space. If you still have questions, call us and consult with our team to determine the best solution for your specific needs.
*Coverage claims are based on estimates and can vary depending on factors such as outside signal strength, building construction, and building layout. Wilson Electronics’ Office products are the best performing cell signal boosters for smaller buildings. For larger buildings exceeding 15,000 square feet, we recommend the WilsonPro product lineup for optimal in-building cell signal performance.
Where do you need to boost your signal?
Receive updates and offers by joining our list!