Get a Signal Boost for Your Android Phone
Posted on 12/17/2022 by Meredith Pond
In today’s fast-paced, digital world, mobile phones keep us connected to family, friends, coworkers, and others. So, when our interaction is sidelined because of a weak cell phone signal, it can be frustrating and inconvenient. Fortunately, there is something you can do about it, including a signal booster for Android.
First, you may want to learn how to test your signal strength and determine which areas are the most problematic for cell reception. Second, it’s important to gain a better understanding of why you may be experiencing a poor or nonexistent cell signal with your Android device.
What is wrong with my Android cell signal?
A cell phone communicates with nearby cell towers by sending signals to your device. Anything that interferes with that transmission can cause cell signal disruptions, causing the need for a signal booster for Android. Whether you are in your home, office, car, or somewhere else, several factors may contribute to a weak signal:
- Your location. You may encounter problems with your cell phone signal if you are in a remote location far away from a cell tower. So, it makes sense that the closer you are to a tower, the easier it is for your phone to communicate with it. There are resources available to help you find the closest cell tower in your area.
- Construction materials. Thick walls constructed of concrete, steel, brick and similar materials can prevent cell signals from entering and leaving buildings. Energy-efficient glass coatings, such as low emissivity (low-e) are also known to obstruct signals. Office buildings, schools, basements, and parking garages are some locations where you may notice persistent issues.
- Terrain and physical barriers. Mountains, hills, dense forests, thick vegetation, and large trees located between you and a cell tower reduce the relative strength of your signal. Check the topography, landscaping, and structures that surround you. They may be the signal blockers that are causing disruption with your cell coverage.
- Weather. Snow, rain, sleet, hail, fog, and other types of weather can impact your cell phone signal. Although reception varies depending on the strength of a storm, you may experience dropped calls or intermittent signal reception during these types of weather conditions.
Any of these factors can hinder a cell tower’s ability to connect with your Android. Keep in mind, however, that even when close to a cell tower, if you are surrounded by high-rise buildings or a mountain range your signal may be poor. So, what can you do to boost signal on Android?
How to boost signal on Android
If you find yourself in a dead zone or an area with poor reception, there are several ways to boost your Android phone signal. A WiFi connection, network extender, and cell phone signal booster are three options to consider.
Use a WiFi connection
One way to boost connectivity on your Android phone is to use WiFi instead of your cellular network. Wherever you are, if WiFi coverage is available, you can use it to make calls and send text messages, and there is no need to download an app. While using WiFi isn’t technically a cell signal booster for Android or any other phone, it will provide the connectivity you’re looking for.
Major U.S. carriers, Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile support WiFi calling. If your Android signal is weak and the feature is enabled, your phone will automatically find a nearby WiFi network. The downside is that when you are in crowded places, the WiFi connection may be slow. Sharing bandwidth with others can be annoying and problematic.
Check with your carrier for details about calling rates or potential restrictions on WiFi calling. It may be included in your monthly voice plan.
Get a network extender or microcell
A network extender, sometimes called a microcell or femtocell, could work as a type of signal booster for Android. The device plugs into an existing broadband internet connection and works like a mini cell tower in your home. One disadvantage of using a network extender is that your device will have to compete with other traffic on the network. Also, the device’s signal range is limited, and it won’t work in your car.
If you want to learn more about these devices, contact your carrier. Keep in mind that a network extender or microcell will only work on the assigned carrier. So, for example, if your home is in a weak signal area and you have guests come over who use AT&T, your Verizon network extender won’t work for them.
Cell phone signal booster for Android
The best way to boost signal on Android is with a cell phone signal booster. With a booster, you’ll experience better call quality, fewer dropped calls, and faster data speeds. Here are the benefits of choosing weBoost signal boosters:
- Compatible with all U.S. carriers, no need to switch
- Works with all cellular devices from all manufacturers
- Works anywhere there’s an existing cell signal
- Products for home, business, and vehicle
- One-time purchase with no monthly fees
- 5G ready, will work for the next decade and beyond
When you’re looking for a cell signal booster for Android, keep in mind that weBoost’s affordable solutions will also work for iPhones or other cellular devices on any network. So no matter what devices or carriers are used by your guests or passengers, everyone will benefit from the signal boost.
Signal booster for Android: car, truck, or SUV
Drive Reach is weBoost’s powerful in-vehicle cell signal booster for Android and every other cellular device. With 29.5 dBm in uplink-output power, drivers and passengers receive signals from cell towers at distances up to 74% farther than previous boosters.
- Supports multiple users and devices
- Fast, tool-free installation in minutes
- Compatible with all cell phones, hotspots, tablets, and other devices
Drive Reach Overland the first signal booster designed for overlanders, by overlanders. It’s also the ideal signal booster for off-roading, bringing driver and passengers the ultimate peace of mind in remote areas.
- Folding antenna mount allows putting outside antenna down for storage
- Most powerful vehicle booster reaches the farthest towers
- Mast extension clears any obstructions on the roof of your rig when using your booster
Signal booster for Android: RVs
If you enjoy the fresh air and adventure of being on the open road, weBoost offers two options for amplifying your Android cell signal in an RV:
- Destination RV is our most powerful booster for stationary use in your RV. It’s ideal for large campers or trailers when you’re planning a longer stay. Once installed, setup and takedown can be done on 10 minutes when setting up or taking down camp.
- Drive Reach RV is a multi-user cell signal booster for use either parked or in motion. It helps you reach the farthest cell towers and is ideal for campers and trailers that move around a lot and don’t want to worry about setup and takedown.
Signal booster for Android: homes
Depending on the size of your home and your unique needs, weBoost offers different multi-user solutions:
Home Room is an affordable, one-room solution that boosts your Android cell signal in your home or office. It’s ideal for small homes and apartments and covers an area of up to 1,500 square feet.
- Faster internet speeds and streaming
- Fewer dropped calls
- Easy, tool-free installation
Home MultiRoom is designed for medium-sized homes and boosts your Android cell signal in up to three rooms, covering up to 5,000 square feet.
- Target your home’s weak signal areas
- Tool-free installation option
Home Complete is weBoost’s most powerful booster for large homes or rural areas, covering 7,500 square feet. Don’t want to install it yourself? Buy the Installed | Home Complete instead, which includes professional installation.
- Maximum home coverage
- DIY, step-by-step installation
Signal booster for Android: businesses
Office 200 Pro Installed is our best-in-class booster for small and medium-sized businesses, covering up to 32,000 square feet depending on building layout.
- Features two low-profile inside antennas
- Comes with professional installation customized to your business needs
Office 100 is our most affordable cell signal booster for small businesses, covering up to 8,000 square feet. It’s recommended for DIY installation.
- Powerful and affordable
- DIY installation guidance in the weBoost App
To learn more about how to boost your Android phone signal, shop weBoost products today.
Where do you need to boost your signal?
Receive updates and offers by joining our list!