From locating vehicles in real-time to tracking and recording unsafe driving events, fleets utilize a network of devices to monitor their vehicles, measure performance, and ensure safety. In-vehicle telematics and other devices require a consistent internet connection to collect accurate data. When these devices work as intended, businesses have everything they need to make data-driven decisions, cut costs, and boost profits.
That said, if in-vehicle devices lose connection, businesses lose valuable data. By improving in-vehicle cellular connectivity, businesses can take advantage of all the benefits that telematics have to offer all while providing a safer experience for drivers. Whether driving through a congested city or moving through a remote stretch of highway, a reliable cellular connection makes a significant difference in the success of your fleet.
Cell phone boosters can give your drivers access to a stronger, more stable signal wherever they may be. If you’re looking for a solution to the problem of spotty internet connection on the road, then here are nine reasons to optimize your fleet’s in-vehicle cellular connection with weBoost cellular signal boosters.
1. American-Made and Guaranteed
weBoost is a subsidiary of Wilson Electronics — established in St. George, Utah, in 2000 and headquartered in Salt Lake City. We’re recognized around the world for our industry-leading cellular signal amplification technology and continue to proudly develop and assemble our products in the United States.
We stand by the quality of our American designs and products. A two-year manufacturer’s warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee are included with all of our fleet-oriented solutions.
2. Improved Productivity and Efficiency
Cellular coverage can be weak, and it’s not always because of the carrier.
Signal strength can be blocked in:
- Urban areas by concrete, insulated glass, and network bandwidth.
- Remote areas because of cell tower location, mountains, and trees.
- Vehicles due to distance from towers and the metal body of the vehicle itself.
- Interstate from passing through low-coverage areas and away from cell towers.
By installing cellular amplification products, like the Drive Reach Fleet, in your vehicles, you can help ensure safety and productivity even where signals are weak.
Our in-vehicle cell signal boosters help:
- Dispatchers track fleets and locate drivers.
- Fleet managers stay in touch with crews to troubleshoot problems or deliver updated information.
- Service providers like landscapers, electricians, and plumbers process customer payments after a job.
- Sales reps execute contracts and agreements while on the road.
- Customers provide electronic signatures when accepting deliveries.
- Technicians access customer account information or stream product service videos while parked.
- Service reps deliver better service by staying in touch with clients.
- Drivers use cell-based navigation systems in remote or unfamiliar areas.
- Crews contact emergency responders in the event of an accident.
As long as there is a cell tower signal available, a cell signal amplifier can boost coverage and prevent interruptions from dropped calls and slow network speeds. In effect, cellular signal solutions improve the productivity and efficiency of your fleet.
3. Innovative Design
Our line of cell signal boosters is built on a long history of market innovation that started with a visionary named Jim Wilson. In 1997, Wilson began researching and developing a way to amplify cell signals —eventually patenting the first-ever cellular signal booster.
When choosing a weBoost fleet booster, you can expect:
- Seamless integration that eliminates the need to pair devices, log in, or enter passwords.
- Durable equipment to stand up to harsh weather conditions.
- Space-saving designs to keep interiors of vehicles clear and clutter-free.
- Hardwiring to prevent theft and enhance device reliability.
Wilson’s creativity and technical know-how sparked a legacy that continues decades later, as the company now holds over 50 patents to cell-boosting technology. These proprietary designs are the foundation for our wide array of fleet-oriented products.
4. Signal Boosts for Downlink and Uplink
With clear, two-way communication, your drivers can stay safely connected with dispatchers, team members, customers, and emergency assistance personnel. Cell signal amplification kits consist of three key components:
- An outside antenna that mounts on the outside of a vehicle and captures available voice and data signals from the closest cell tower with the strongest signal.
- A booster that amplifies this signal and sends it to an antenna inside the vehicle.
- An in-vehicle antenna which distributes the amplified signal to smartphones, tablets, and other wireless devices used by drivers and technicians.
The signal booster works for both downlink and uplink, bringing communication inside the vehicle and sending outbound calls and information back to the cell phone tower. Our cell signal boosters for fleet deliver unparalleled uplink-output power — up to 29.5 dBm.
5. Wide Range of Fleet-Oriented Solutions
Every fleet is different. Our cell signal boosters can equip compact delivery vehicles that stay within city limits, large semi-trucks on cross-country trips, and work trucks and government vehicles driving through stretches of parkland and wilderness.
Wilson provides fleet-oriented solutions for commercial vehicle weight classes from 1 to 8 in order to meet your company’s specific connectivity needs.
Our most popular products include:
- Drive X Fleet: weBoost’s standard in-vehicle cell signal booster offering up to a 50 dB gain in signal strength whether driving or parked
- Drive Reach Fleet: weBoost’s most powerful in-vehicle cell signal booster for companies in need of more signal amplification. This device reaches cell towers up to 74% farther away than the Drive X Fleet.
- OTR upgrades for Drive X OTR Fleet and Drive Reach OTR Fleet products: With antennas that extend up to 45 feet in height, these are designed to reach above obstructions and make the most of existing signals when drivers are further from cell towers.
Ask our experts about the option that’s best suited for your particular fleet of vehicle.
6. Compatible with All U.S. Wireless Carriers
Wilson’s commercial-grade cell phone boosters are FCC-approved and compatible with multiple carriers. Whether you use AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, or another U.S. carrier, you can be assured that our products work with your smartphones, tablets, and other cellular-connected devices.
7. Long-Term Return on Investment
Our products are a low-cost, one-time purchase. Unlike cellular carrier plans, there are no subscriptions or monthly fees. You can expect our professional signal amplification solutions to continue working for your business well after your initial investment. Our products provide significant savings, increase productivity, and boost fleet efficiency while keeping drivers safe and on the road.
Although cellular network technology is making strides toward a new 5G standard that promises faster speeds, full implementation is still a way off. The next generation is being built alongside the existing 4G LTE network, which mobile carriers are planning to use beyond 2030.
Cell signal amplification technology continues to be essential. Even as 5G expands alongside existing 4G networks, the same barriers to strong signal strength — buildings, concrete, metal, trees, and cell tower location — still exist, creating a need for cell signal boosters for years to come.
8. Customized Commercial Fleet Solutions
The right solution for your commercial fleet depends on how your business operates and the challenges your drivers face. To choose a cell phone signal booster kit for your company’s fleet, consider your operational processes and requirements.
For example, you may need:
- Drivers to stay connected to check emails, use navigation apps, or make emergency phone calls.
- Dispatchers to quickly locate emergency responders, delivery drivers, or service vehicles.
- Driver telematics data to track how many miles a driver has logged a day or average speeds to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Better voice quality, network speeds, or data streaming for drivers that need to access information while traveling.
Commercial fleet cell signal boosters can enhance the productivity, safety, and security of your employees and vehicles. Our experts can help you find the right amplification solution for your particular connectivity requirements. Contact us to get started.